Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Shalit's father hopes IDF raid won't yield more casualties

By Gideon Alon and Yoav Stern, Haaretz Correspondents.

Noam Shalit, the father of abducted Israel Defense Forces soldier Corporal Gilad Shavit, said Wednesday that his family believes that the government decided to carry out a military incursion in the Gaza Strip after deep consideration.

"The emphasis here is on an intelligent, rather than impassioned, operation," Shalit said. "We would like no additional injuries, not among IDF troops and certainly not among innocent civilians on both sides, Israeli and Palestinian. This is of the utmost importance to us."
Read on.

2 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Oleh Yahshan said...

I agree, and I think that everyone in Israel Agrees. We (Unlike our friends on the other side of the border) do not want to see anyone get hurt, We are going in to SAVE someone from getting hurt.

this is of course also 2 days of diplomacy, trying every single channel (Including Syria) to get Shalit back to Israel.

I hope that this operation ends with no one getting hurt. so far we are almost 24 hours in and I have not heard any reports of any one injured... let's hope it stays that way.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Gert said...

Oleh:

The situation is changing very rapidly and not in a favourable way, in my book.

So, wait and see...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home